Monday, November 3, 2008

weekend, time change, hair, oh my

I had a pretty good weekend. On Saturday I went to get my hair cut and colored. I was trying to decide whether to chop my hair or not, and decided not to. It took me a long time to grow it out, and I thought if I cut it now, I probably won't grow it out as long again. I don't want to be a Crystal Gale. I still wanted a change, so I told her to put long layers in. Apparently long now means chin length. I'm not really loving it cuz it looks just like it did in high school. I am thinking about going back and just having her cut it off. Any thoughts/opinions? (Sorry Christi, no pics yet, but I will get some)
Saturday night we had Stake Conference and our choir sang for it. The theme for the conference was on family and what makes a house a home. The speakers were awesome, and then they had a panel discussion with the congregation making comments and asking questions. A lot of comments were about tragedies people in our stake have experienced and how they got through them with the gospel. There was an amazing spirit there and it was just what I needed. The Sunday session was good, but not as great. It was nice to have church at 10 instead of 1 though. It made the day seem really long. Unfortunately my internal clock is still adjusting. My favorite time of year is "fall back," but with all the clock checking I forgot to turn my alarm on. Come this morning and I wake up looking at 8:00. I am ususally at work by 7:45, so it was quite an inconvenience to say the least. I had no prep time this morning and hadn't planned some things for the day that I was going to work on before school. My kids are always super talkative on Mondays, and we had our usual hour long staff meeting after school. Not my favorite of days. It ended nice thought with dinner at Winger's with Amy and her little Gabriella, and then a little Jon and Kate plus 8. I also got Olivia and Ryan's Christmas presents. 2 down, too many to go!

3 comments:

CJB said...

Ok, I will wait for photos. Sorry you don't love your hair.

Glad conference was good.

Look on the bright side... you got to sleep in a little?

biglittlebro said...

Say, kid, have you listened to Wilcox's newest talk about the Atonement? I've listened a couple of times this week as I'm driving. I love his feeling's about the Savior and how much He loves us and the hope He provides. It made me reflect all week long about the choices I make and the choices my friends have made and how grateful I am for peace in my life. I have been blessed beyond what I deserve. You have been a terrific sister and a rock through all your trials. I've thought numerous times how you are far and away a better person than I am because you have endured much more difficult trials than me because Hevenly Father knows what we are capable of enduring. I must be a huge pansy because I haven't had to go through much in my life. The hardest thing for me has been to see my loved hurt and or make decisions that distance themselves from the gospel. You have done the opposite and have drawn closer to the church. I admire you so much and I salute you.

Natalie Billquist said...

Aw. Thanks Todd. I don't feel I deserve it, but thanks. You have always been a great example to me too. Don't sell yourself short!