Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dude, I got my Dell!

So after my sister so lovingly forced me to join the blogging population, my computer decided to stop working. I think it was feeling rebellious. I had to send it into Dell to get it fixed, and finally got it back last Monday. After ripping the box open, I plugged it in, and low and behold.....it didn't turn on. Calling my handy dandy 1 800 number, feeling just a little angry, I got ahold of my first Pakistani customer service rep. I got to tell them all about the problem I was currently having, and "day are so soddy about dat mam, we will av to transfer you to anoder depardment." After this same message 5 times, getting hung up on, and two hours, I finally get the technical department. They tried a few things out with me, and determined my acd adapter was busted. They told me it would cost $75, and I said H no! I calmly explained to them that my sister (thanks Christi) and I just paid more money that he probably made in a year to get my computer fixed, and I wasn't paying more when it should already be fixed. He said he would have to transfer me again. O joy. Then, when the transfer wouldn't work he told me that department was closed and I would have to call back the next day. All I wanted to do was turn on my computer and play hearts! I called the next day, and I didn't get transfered once! They said I didn't have to pay for the new adapter (dang straight, my momma taught me well!) and were sending it out. So the very next day I got it, and my computer worked!!!! Now I am practicing my hearts skilz so on Thanksgiving Laura won't kick my butt.

2 comments:

Laura Jean said...

The computer cheats at Hearts. I lose horribly whenever I play... but I will still be able to kick your trash at Thanksgiving! :)

biglittlebro said...

Well it's about time you updated your blog. You rock.